With our E-Terminal, distance selling has never been that easy!
Indeed, you can make transactions using two purchasing channels (ECIs/E-Commerce Indicators):
- Mail Orders/Telephone Orders and orders by other means (MOTO – ECI 1) through manual input of payment data without the cardholder being physically present,
- Secure e-commerce transactions (ECI 7) by emailing your customers a link to pay for their order.
The “Send by email” feature allows you to both inform your customers that their order has been processed and provide them with a link to the payment page generated by the E-Terminal form.
The following parameters must be set beforehand in HiPay Console, otherwise the “Send by email” feature will not be enabled.
- After selecting the account for which the E-Terminal has been configured, click on “MENU” (more details to access the menu).
- Scroll down and click on the Integration module.
- Click on “Redirect Pages”.
- Fill in all the default redirect pages.
- Save your settings by clicking on the “Apply changes” button at the bottom of the page.
- Go back to the Integration module and click on “Email communications”.
- Fill in all the fields (none of the checkboxes in the first section needs to be ticked).
- Save your settings by clicking on the “Save changes” button at the bottom of the page.
Once you have saved these settings, click on the “access to HiPay Console” button at the top of the page, then on “MENU” to display the E-Terminal module after selecting the account for which the E-Terminal has been configured.
This module gives you access to a form to fill in the information relating to the customer and the order.
PLEASE NOTE: To make reconciliation easier, fill in the “Settlement custom field” to add custom data (e.g., invoice number or reference linked to the order) in the settlement file.
Once you have filled in this information, the “Send by email” button appears.
A pop-up prompts you to confirm email sending. You can receive a copy by ticking “Send a copy to myself”.
You can send your email in several languages: French / English / Italian / Portuguese / German / Polish / Dutch.
Your email will include the following information:
- Customer’s first and last name*,
- Customer’s email address,
- Order amount and currency*,
- Description (e.g., information relating to the order).
*This information will also appear on the payment page and will be sent in the redirect pages for enhanced customer experience!
Your customer will thus be informed that the order has been processed and will be able to click on the enclosed link to make a secure online payment.
When the payment page is displayed, your customer will just have to select their preferred payment method to pay for their order.
Once the payment has been made, the customer will be redirected to one of the redirect pages specified beforehand (hence the importance of carefully filling them in).
In HiPay Console, you can also customize your payment page (logo, background, etc.) from the Hosted Page module.
For more details, please refer to our Developer Portal.