As a payment service provider, HiPay has a legal obligation to identify companies and the beneficial owners of its future merchants, as well as to analyze their business model before allowing them to make transactions via their websites.
Therefore, you must provide us with the following documents to create a HiPay merchant account.
- Registration certificate (e.g., Kbis certificate or its equivalent):
- This document must be certified by a legal authority.
- This document must include the name of the company, its address, its incorporation date and company number as well as the name of its directors.
- This document must have been issued within the last three months.
- Proof of identity:
- A proof of identity is required for the directors of your company, the signatory of the contract with HiPay, and any beneficial owner (natural person who, either directly or indirectly, owns or controls more than 25% of the shares or voting rights in a legal entity, or who otherwise exercises effective control over the management of the legal entity).
- European passports, identity cards, residence permits or driver’s licenses are accepted.
- Organisational chart with the group structure and holding percentages up to the beneficial owners:
- If your company has at least one legal entity shareholder, we will require an organisational chart of your company group structure to understand the ownership structure of the beneficial owners.
- This document must reflect accurately your company’s shareholder structure and indicate any natural person shareholder who is a beneficial owner of your company.
- This document must be signed and dated.
To check the information provided, HiPay follows an onboarding process, which enables us to validate your account creation request.
File format and size requirements:
- JPG, JPEG, PNG or PDF
- 10 MB maximum
All documents must be:
- in good condition,
- clearly legible,
- in color (for proofs of identity),
- on the same file (front and back sides),
- scanned entirely (with all corners visible),
- not cropped.